Saturday, October 15, 2011

Home sweet home

I've been home for less than 24 hours and already I feel better.  There's nothing quite like the windy, cold, Michigan weather to welcome you home.  Honestly, I thought there was no chance in hell I'd miss the weather.  I always knew I would miss the people, but the weather?  No freaking way.  But, when it's October and still 80-90 degrees in Dallas, you tend to miss the cooler weather.  I'm sorry, but fall and 90 doesn't really work day in and day out.  I want to see the leaves change color, I want to go to the cider mill, these are the little things I used to take for granted that I now desperately look forward to on my return trips home.

I think this is what I've really learned...The grass is always greener on the other side, but on the other hand, sometimes it takes being away and out of your element to really and truly realize that you were exactly where you needed to be.  Ann Arbor is and will always be home, and I can't wait to come back.  I may not know exactly what I will doing when I get back here, but I do know that I will figure it out and I know that being home will make me happier.  I miss my support team.  Sometimes you need a good swift kick in the ass to make you get out of bed and stop moping around.  I need that a lot more lately...

I know I'm going to try to be better about writing.  I'm going to write here, and I'm going to start a new blog, a more evaluative piece about country music.  Katy is right...I love country music, and I love writing, so why not combine the two?  Who knows, it could turn into something...I'm looking forward to starting that!  Well, I'm going to try to set up that other blog now so I can get going, but more here later!

KG

No comments:

Post a Comment